Welcome to the CBR Sport Awards
Canberra’s official and premier sporting awards
The 2020 CBR Sport Awards will be taking place but with a difference to past years.
Sport brings our community together, building pride in our city and breaking down barriers of culture, class, and gender.
In this most challenging of years we want to reflect on the outstanding work of the ACT sporting community through bushfires, hail storms and COVID-19 and celebrate those individuals and teams who have excelled.
There have been some magnificent ACT sporting achievements throughout the past 12 months.
We still need to celebrate the good things - the excellence, resilience, commitment and the innovation that's been displayed by sportspeople, local clubs and volunteers.
There will be no gala event at the National Arboretum for 2020, with alternate Award announcement and delivery options being considered using online means.
All award nominations will open on 28 September 2020 and close on 2 November 2020. Further details will be provided closer to this date.
The 2020 CBR Sport Award categories will include;
- Athlete of the Year – Men’s Sport
- Athlete of the Year – Women’s Sport
- Athlete of the Year – Para Sport
- Team of the Year
- Rising Star
- Outstanding Service to Sport
- Minister for Sport and Recreation’s Award for Inclusion
- Minister for Sport and Recreation’s Award for Innovation; and
- Minister for Sport and Recreation’s Award for Event Excellence.
Inductions to the ACT Sport Hall of Fame will not occur for 2020.