People’s Sporting Champion Presented by Canberra Milk
The People’s Sporting Champion presented by Canberra Milk will be awarded to Canberra’s favourite local sportsperson chosen by the people of Canberra. This is an opportunity for Canberra’s passionate sporting community to be involved in a public vote to determine their own Sporting Champion. Any member of the Canberra community can vote for the People’s Sporting Champion.
The People’s Sporting Champion presented by Canberra Milk $5000 Prize Voucher will be awarded to the school or registered sporting club which receives the strongest support from the Canberra public as part of the voting for the People’s Sporting Champion campaign*.
The winner will be selected from all People’s Sporting Champion votes where the voter completes the following question:
- Which school or sporting club would you like to receive the $5000 sporting equipment prize? In 30 words or less explain why you are nominating this school or sporting club.
Eligibility Criteria – Who can you vote for?
The public will be encouraged to vote on-line for their favourite sporting personality who they believe has achieved any number of the following:
- Outstanding sporting results during the year;
- Provided inspiration to the voter;
- Given back to the ACT community beyond the confines of their sport;
- Contributed to the promotion and development of their sport;
- Demonstrates positive achievements in other areas of their life;
- Be a product of the ACT sport system resident in the ACT; or
- Be a product of the ACT sport system resident interstate or overseas and eligible to represent Australia; or
- Have relocated to the ACT sport system and are resident in the ACT. The nominee must currently reside in the ACT and have been resident for 2 years to be eligible.
The Selection Committee has the right to filter public nominations for this award to ensure that the recipient of the People’s Sporting Champion presented by Canberra Milk is consistent with the criteria, broader principles and ethos of the People’s Sporting Champion presented by Canberra Milk and the CBR Sport Awards.
One vote per IP address is allowed per day. Voting closes Monday 5 November.