Welcome to the CBR Sport Awards
Canberra’s official and premier sporting awards
Sport brings our community together, building pride in our city and breaking down barriers of culture, class, and gender.
As we find ourselves navigating life in the pandemic once more, we take time to reflect on the outstanding work of the ACT sporting community and celebrate those individuals and teams who have excelled. There have been some magnificent ACT sporting achievements throughout the past 12 months.
We have again decided to not hold the annual gala event in 2021. We will however celebrate the excellence, resilience, commitment and the innovation that's been displayed by sportspeople, local clubs and volunteers and will be announcing our finalists and winners within an exciting and engaging online event later this year.
All award nominations will open on Wednesday 8 September 2021 and close on Wednesday 13 October 2021.
The 2021 CBR Sport Award categories will include:
- Athlete of the Year – Men’s Sport
- Athlete of the Year – Women’s Sport
- Athlete of the Year – Para Sport
- Team of the Year
- Rising Star
- Outstanding Service to Sport
- ACT Sport Hall of Fame – Full Member
- ACT Sport Hall of Fame – Associate Member
- Minister for Sport and Recreation’s Award for Inclusion
- Minister for Sport and Recreation’s Award for Innovation; and
- Minister for Sport and Recreation’s Award for Event Excellence